Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer Blues!

June 18, 2014

Summer is always a joyous time and a bummer at the same time.  I am glad to be home after the frantic last few months of school, but the absence of a daily schedule sends my body into a tailspin.  For the first four weeks or so, I search out projects that we haven't had time to do, like clean and reorganized closets, paint the bathroom, redo the molding on the doorways, add a new electrical outlet, and...well you get the idea.  My poor hubby suffers through it all, knowing that eventually I will run down and my summer "I don't care if I get up before noon" attitude will kick in.  Then my body clock will get so messed up that I will dread the new school year because it will mean that I have to get up before noon and be productive.  Here are just a few to the project that I have scheduled for the next few weeks:

1. Turn the junky third bedroom, although that is really a generous description of that little overgrown closet room", into an office.
2. Find a good used bathtub and change it out for the rather odd colored blue one that we now have.
3. Tile the tub surround.
4. Paint the door trim through out the house.
5. Add three new electrical plugs.
6. Plant three flower beds.
7. Clean out and enlarge two of our closets.
8. Haul away all the junk that we seem to attract like we have a magnetic junk force or something.
9. Oh, and spend as much time with my grandson as possible.

We'll see how many of them I get done, or should I say, Doyle gets done.  He could always buy me a new house, if he'd rather.  But then we'd have to move and well, I'd rather complete the above list than move any day.

How does this affect my weight-loss goals?  Well...when I am working, I want something quick, filling, and good.  Something that I don't have to fix or clean up after.  Sometimes that means I make good choices, like Subway, and sometimes it means that I grab What-A-Burger.  However, after the project mania runs its course, then I want to cook all the time.  Then I do a better job of staying focused on eating good nutritious food.  I am collecting soup recipes to try out.  I have a few faves from last summer, and I hope to add a few more this summer.

So to all of you out there who have a list of things that need to be done if you are ever going to be happy, I wish you luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment